Monday, November 2, 2009

Well my VW bus obsession started in about 2005.I was looking at sites for Pontiac GTOs since I was thinking about starting up the resto of my '69 GTO again and somehow stumbled onto a site called TheSamba. I started looking at the site and wandered into the Bay Window bus forum.One day of reading I was hooked.I just couldn't stay away from it. I ended up buying a '78 Champagne Edition bus out of the classifieds there.I actually ran into the nephew of the original owner on there also. Pretty crazy. I then had a chance to buy a gutted Westy shell and I figured heck ya! why not my 1st bus was in pretty bad shape and needed quite a bit of metal work.So I bought the shell and drug it home in May of '07 and have been working on it ever since.I'm going to post all the stuff I have done since the beginning till now. So set back and get ready for the adventure of a lifetime as I resto this old hulk of a VW bus to a useable camper that I plan to take my son camping in once I get it roadworthy again.It has been alot of work so far but Hopefully it will all be worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment